Moving Tips and Tricks
Preparing to Move
- Here’s some quick (and cheap!) advice from HGTV
- Want to stage for less than $40? Check out these ideas from Forbes Personal Finance
- Why do you need to stage your home? For more information on why, here’s some from the pros at Realtor.com
- Need something with a time recommendation? Good Housekeeping has a master list right here on when to pack what – and when to do other tasks, like putting in a change of address form
- Keep it simple with Real Simple’s packing guide, with advice on packing tricky pieces
- Still need more advice? Then check out About.com’s Top 10 pieces of moving advice, with additional links
Preparing the Family
- Moving with kids? Parents.com has ways to make the move less stressful for them and for you
- If you have four-legged family, ASPCA has a few ideas to help them adjust too
Need reliable, professional some help? We have a few suggestions!
- For a smooth day, check out these ideas from HGTV.
- Buzzfeed also has some great ideas!
- Don’t forget to pack toilet paper! It’ll probably be the first thing you’ll need in your new home.
- After all that work, it’s time for more! Help make settling in easier with Live Rich Live Well‘s guide.
- Military One Source has additional tips for helping children feel settled in their new home
Have any more tips or tricks? Be sure to let us know!